The Portal NGO Darpan is being maintained by NITI Aayog. NITI Aayog provides a portal to VOs/NGOs to Sign Up. Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) play a vital role in the development of the nation by providing the efforts of the Government. This portal enables Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to enroll centrally and thus facilitates the creation of a repository of information about Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Sector/State wise. After signup on this portal, it generates a Unique ID which helps in the future to avail the grants in various schemes of the government.
Who should register on Darpan?
Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) who are registered as a trust/ a private limited non-profit company, under Sec.8 Company of the Indian Companies Act should sign-up on NGO Darpan portal. In order to transact business with line Government Ministries/Government Departments, an NGO has to first sign-up on the NGO-DARPAN portal to obtain a Unique Identity Number by furnishing the asked details e.g. registration number of the organization, Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the organization, Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Aadhaar details of the office bearers/trustees, etc.
Benefits for NGOs registering with NGO Darpan:
- Access to Non-Governmental Organizations in your districts/state which shall be helpful for knowing them.
- Access resources and information related to schemes and projects offered by various Government departments, ministries, subsidiaries, etc.
- Free listing of Non-Governmental Organizations Profiles on Government websites.
- Obtain information on existing all Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organizations across India
- Get information on the schemes of the participating Ministries/Departments/Government Bodies offering grants to Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organizations
- Apply online for Non-Governmental Organizations grants
- Track the status of applications for grants.
Steps to register your NGO:
- Open NGO Darpan Website – http://ngodarpan.gov.in/
- Click ‘Login/ Register’ button
- User Authentication’ pop-box will open up.
- If you have already registered on the old portal, click the ‘Forgot password’. Enter your Email id/registered contact number that you used for registration before to retrieve your password.
- If you are registering anew, click the ‘Sign Up’ button. Fill the details on the form that appears. Now create your User-id and password for the portal.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ after filling all your details in required columns, you will get a message on the screen, saying “You are Successfully Registered.”
- Copy down the Unique Id(UID), that generated at that time
- You will receive an email. Click the link ‘Activate your account‘.
- After clicking on the link, fill the UID which was shown to you earlier.
- After activating your account you can use your User ID and the Password to Login into the website and avail the facilities.
- Scanned copy Registration Certificate in pdf or jpg format is preferable and uploaded. The size of a pdf or jpg file should not be more than 2MB.
- In the case of Trust deeds, the first page and the page with the signature on it are only required and it should be scanned and uploaded.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card of the Organisation (Only PDF/ JPG files are allowed. Max size 2 MB)
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) & Aadhaar numbers of Board members (Only PDF/ JPG files are allowed. Max size 2 MB)