KYC (Know your customer) in this the government wants to reconfirm your identity. Every director to whom the Director Identification Number (DIN) has been allotted as on 31st March of a financial year shall submit e-form DIR-3-KYC to MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) on or before 30th June of immediate next financial year. It is a mandatory requirement for the directors including directors who are disqualified.
In case you don’t file e-form DIR-3 KYC within the specified limit:
When you do not file the e-form DIR-3 because of any reason within the specified time limit to MCA then the department will mark that DIN as Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3, now if you want to re-activate the DIN again you can do so by paying late fees of Rs. 5000. This is a mandatory form that every director must file annually.
Documents to attached:
- Proof of permanent address.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Copy of Aadhaar card.
- And if the permanent address is not the residential address then the residential address proof is also required.
Steps to File DIR-3 KYC:
- Go to the MCA site and download the form and first fill in the details of the DIN of the director whose status of DIN is activated.
- You have to fill the mandatory fields by entering your name (the director or the applicant), your father’s name and both the names must be matched with the names mentioned in the Permanent Account Number(PAN card). The address details also mandatorily match with the details mentioned in the PAN card. You do not have any options to fill the details in short forms.
- Now you have to select your nationality. It is an important detail which you must declare. In the case of a foreign national who is working as a director and having DIN has to mention their nationality according to their passport.
- Age is the next important thing that you have to provide the date of birth in dd/mm/yyyy format. It is important that a person who is making the application must attain the age of 18 years.
- Next, you have to provide the details of the permanent address which has to match with the address mentioned in the PAN card and get back support by documents attached as residence proof. And in the case where the residential address of the applicant is not the same as permanent address then he must provide his residential address in the form.
- Verification of the Permanent Account Number is the next important thing you have to provide and verify it, after filling the details click on the PAN validation tab, the system now verify the details with the database on PAN card number
- The verification step, in this step you have to enter your mobile number and your email id which is validated by OTP(One Time Password) now after entering the details, click on generate OTP and enter the OTP which is sent to you on your email id as well as mobile number and click on validate.
- The form must be digitally signed by the CA/CS/CMA who is in practice, so it is important to mention the details of the practicing professional and then attach their digital signature. This step is necessary before the final submission of eForm DIR-3 KYC.
Now after completing the above step and submitting the eForm DIR-3 KYC, an SRN number is generated for the user, which the applicant has to keep noted for the future corresponding with the MCA. Approval is now sent to you by your registered email id.